As our donors, we understand that you would like to know how exactly your money is being spent. We have put together an estimated monthly budget of our living expenses. In addition to these expenses, any extra donations will go directly to the community of Jaibon through various projects that we will choose to sponsor during our stay. (For example, the local church is in need of a functioning bathroom and we would love to provide support to help make that a reality.) We will be putting together a continuous list of projects that we would like to sponsor. Please be on the lookout for more detailed information about these projects as they develop!
It is important for our donors to understand that it is your donations that make our work here possible. Because government funding for education is so limited in Jaibon, it is necessary for the entirety of our services to be voluntary. A paid position in this circumstance would not be possible, and it is in this particular location that we feel called to serve. It is our desire to ensure that you are fully informed of how and where your funds are being used. Please feel free to contact us with any further questions that you may have.
Our fundraising goal for the committed 9 months is $10,995.00 ($3,455 for living expenses, $1,000 for travel home, and at least $6,540 to go toward community projects). Thank you for choosing to donate to our cause!
Below we have also outlined different ways different individuals, families, organizations, or businesses can help support us. If you are wondering different ways you can help, take a look and see the different ways you can actively support the Jaibon community!
- Networking: Spread the word! Understanding that many of you may not be in a position to provide financial support or to offer resources, one thing that you can do to help is to share our vision with others. After all, you never know what one forwarded email could lead to!
- Spiritual and Mental Support: While our work here is rewarding in more ways than we can describe, it isn’t always easy. At the very least, we need continued prayer and words of encouragement!
- Business/Individual/Family One-time donor: If you or your family has been looking for an organization to donate to this year, please consider joining us in our cause!
- Individual/Family Monthly or Quarterly donor: Many families like to select an organization to consistently support throughout the year. In doing so, you have the opportunity to be an intimate part of the journey with us!
- Sending Supplies: We have comprised a list of needed supplies in both the schools and in the community. If you, your family, friends, or class would like to put together a package to send, please visit our “Wish List” page to see which resources are needed and how to go about sending a package overseas!
- Fundraising Initiator/Organizer: Many of you may hold a position or know someone who has the ability to organize a fundraiser through a school, business, or organization. Schools are constantly looking for community service projects to commit to, and this is a great way to provide your students with a global perspective while strengthening core characteristics in your children. Local businesses or organizations often have donation jars that help support causes such as ours. Please consider speaking with a business manager to see if this would be possible!
- Providing School Resources: Do you have contact with someone who would be able to initiate the process of providing resources, such as computers, printers, projectors, etc., for the students here in Jaibon? When updating technology, many companies get rid of old resources that could be very helpful here. Please contact us if you have any resources to offer and we will work with you as much we can to get the resources to Jaibon.