If you would like to send a package to us please use the following address:
Anne Senn - SDQ72830
2250 NW 114th AVE UNIT 1A
Miami, FL 33172
The SDQ # is VERY important and must be included on the first line. Your package will be sent to Miami and then forwarded on to Santiago, Dominican Republic. We then travel to Santiago, which is about an hour from where we live, and pay to receive each package. It costs about $5/pound for us to receive a package.
Please contact us before sending a package so we can plan accordingly to pick it up.
Another way to send stuff to us is through people that are coming to visit. You can send a package to a person in the States that is making a trip to the Dominican Republic and they can bring it in an extra suitcase. We have visitors coming almost monthly that would be more than happy to help your package make it here safely to the DR. Doing this allows you to send more and also allows you to send heavier items. It is much more cost effective.
Again, if you plan on sending something, please let us know so we can do our best to make sure it gets here!
Here is a list of items that would be greatly appreciated here in Jaibón :
School Donations: The schools here in Jaibón have very limited supplies available. Any school supplies you donate will be put to great use!
- Pencils & Pens
- Pencil top erasers
- Glue sticks/glue bottles
- Construction paper
- Correction tape/liquid (White-Out)
- Blackboard Chalk
- Blackboard eraser
- Maps of North America
- Maps of Dominican Republic
- World map
- Tape (Scotch, Duct, Packing, Masking)
- Spanish children’s books
- English children’s books
- Whiteboard markers
- Spanish/English dictionaries
- Copy paper
- CD sleeves
- Blank CDs
- Ink cartridge (Canon MX320, black and color ink)
- Ink cartridge (HP LaserJet M1522n, black only)
- Copy machine
- Boarders for bulletin boards
- Alphabet poster (English or Spanish)
- Days of the Week poster (English or Spanish)
- Months of the Year poster (English or Spanish)
- Colors poster (English or Spanish)
- Numbers/Counting poster (English or Spanish)
- Sticky tack
- Motivational stickers (English or Spanish)
- Index cards
Community Donations: These are items that would be useful here in the community of Jaibón.
- Singulair® pills (asthma medication for children)
- Calcium pills
- Plastic headbands, barrettes, ribbon, beads, other decorative accessories (a friend of ours decorates and sells headbands and barrettes)
- Ipod wall charger
- Baseball/Softball equipment
- Playing cards
- Tennis shoes
- Sturdy sandals
- Embroidery thread (to make bracelets)
- Coffee (CostCo bulk or vacuum sealed)
- DVD – A League of Their Own (to help inspire the women’s softball team here!)
If you have something else to donate that is not on our list, please let us know and we will be more than happy to tell you if it is needed. Thank you all for your support!
Although the above items are all needed, it is not always easy to get them here. In many instances, it would cost more to have the items sent than it would to just buy them here. Almost all of the supplies listed above are available to purchase in the big cities of the DR, it is just a matter of having necessary funds to buy them. For example, more tables and chairs are needed for our Adult night class. We can buy these in Santiago. Please visit our “Donate” page and consider donating money for items such as this.